HAVING FUN WITH FOOD... YUMMY!

Please use this section to post about any recent experiments you have been doing in Photography. We would love to see and hear about the interesting things that other students have been doing with their cameras.
jrogowy
Site Admin

HAVING FUN WITH FOOD... YUMMY!

Post by jrogowy »

Hey guys,

I just thought I would share some of the food shots we have taken this past week for Culinary Arts.
As I mentioned in class, we will be receiving samples of student work from all of the Vocational areas throughout the entire semester.
I strongly encourage you to take on these type of side projects whenever you can. This will strengthen your studio lighting and composition skills.
A big thanks to Abi Calcutt and Conor King who helped with the setup and photography of these items. Keep up the good work.
More tasty goodness to come soon!

Mr. R.
Attachments
Probably my favorite shots of the entire series. The cinnamon bun were take with a red backdrop, plate and fork for added effect. They were taken with a 50mm lens at F1.2. The lighting consists of two LED softboxes and a ring light on the lens. The white balance is set warmer for added effect. I am getting hungry just looking at them...
Probably my favorite shots of the entire series. The cinnamon bun were take with a red backdrop, plate and fork for added effect. They were taken with a 50mm lens at F1.2. The lighting consists of two LED softboxes and a ring light on the lens. The white balance is set warmer for added effect. I am getting hungry just looking at them...
Mmmmm... cookies! These were photographed using a black backdrop so that the plate and the cup of milk would stand out better. It was taken with a 50mm lens at F1.2. The lighting was two LED softboxes. We cut the cookie in half to show the contents. The white balance is set natural in this photo.
Mmmmm... cookies! These were photographed using a black backdrop so that the plate and the cup of milk would stand out better. It was taken with a 50mm lens at F1.2. The lighting was two LED softboxes. We cut the cookie in half to show the contents. The white balance is set natural in this photo.
The danish was phootgraphed on top of a wooden board with a 50mm lens @ F1.2. The wood, fork and plate were props that gave this photo a "at home" feeling. We sprinkled flour on the board for added effect. The lighting is two LED softboxes. The white balance is set warm to match the browns of the danish and the wood.
The danish was phootgraphed on top of a wooden board with a 50mm lens @ F1.2. The wood, fork and plate were props that gave this photo a "at home" feeling. We sprinkled flour on the board for added effect. The lighting is two LED softboxes. The white balance is set warm to match the browns of the danish and the wood.
These granola bars were taken with a 50mm lens at F1.2. The lighting is two LED softboxes and a light ring on the lens. The white balance was purposely set cooler for a better effect.
These granola bars were taken with a 50mm lens at F1.2. The lighting is two LED softboxes and a light ring on the lens. The white balance was purposely set cooler for a better effect.
Abi Calcutt

Re: HAVING FUN WITH FOOD... YUMMY!

Post by Abi Calcutt »

Hey I think we did a good job but,
I am disappointed with the Danish shots still.
Cookie and bun shot are ok to I wish I had done thinks a little differently.
Maybe I'm to hard on myself, but I know for me none of the shots are perfect...
Daniel Tamkin

Post by Daniel Tamkin »

Not Everything is perfect Abi! Those photos are still pretty up there, practice makes perfect, those photos are still extremely good. Congratulations :)
Abi Calcutt

Post by Abi Calcutt »

Hahah Thanks Daniel! I guess being hard on myself is the best way for me to improve faster.
I guess I am proud of them but haha I am like OCD about my photography!!!